Prowess Consulting is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team in Seattle, Wa. The ideal candidate is a technology generalist with a desire to understand emerging technologies and has a diverse skill-set in the areas of Microsoft stack, including Azure, Hyper-V, ARM, network and storage.
Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, automation, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
Candidates must be local to the Greater Seattle Area
- Support the various engineering team tasks for our Consulting Services division
- Researching, testing, development and writing in support of Reference Architectures
- Solution Briefs, benchmarking and testing
- Provide backup support for Prowess internal IT and administration
- Provision, install/configure, operate, and maintain systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within managed infrastructure
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and supporting documentation of related procedures are operating correctly or problem-solve technical issues, as appropriate
- 3+ years with system administration, installing new / rebuilding existing servers/client computers and configuring hardware, network, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, VPN, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements; Wintel server experience is necessary
- 1+ years with Microsoft Azure, deploying and configuring platform and services
- 2+ years with building sandbox and lab environments
- 2+ years with virtualization required (Hyper-V required, VMware, and Citrix a plus)
- Willing to take direction, follow and seek to improve processes
- Team player with accountability and attention to detail
- Must possess the ability to work an occasional evening or weekend
- Technical bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering or information technology with 4 or more years related work experience
- 1+ years of experience with implementing and administering private cloud solutions, public and private cloud architecture
- Experience with both server infrastructure and desktop infrastructure preferred
- Experience with SAP ERP, S/4HANA and/or SAP Cloud Platform is a plus
About Prowess Consulting
Prowess is a Seattle-based consulting firm supporting global technology companies with sales and marketing support, online content management, technical documentation, and training development. We are trusted by the largest organizations to provide results through innovative and customized solutions, delivering the right information at the right time.